You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message App Unresponsive

I am asking a question on behalf of my son who is using an iPhone 11. His messages app is freezing intermittently. Powering down the phone can sometimes temporarily resolve the issue. His software is up to date and he has adequate storage available. When trying to click on Messages in the settings, the settings ends up freezing - other settings available here work as expected. Looking for a solution to this. TIA!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 7:29 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2024 3:19 AM in response to nursetina

I’m having exactly the same issue with my iPhone 13’s Messages (green speech bubble) app! Mine’s updated to iOS 17.5.1 too. I’ve tried all the same solutions - tried turning the phone off/on again, tried emergency restarting phone, tried deleting the Messages app & re-downloading it, tried going into Settings-Mobile-Mobile Data off/on again, tried Settings-Messages-IT FREEZES!, tried Settings-Aeroplane Mode on/off again. Have plenty of data & storage too, checked our router’s firmware is updated… Tried all solutions suggested on Apple Support. Still no luck! Now I can’t send or receive any messages! So frustrating!

Sorry, I don’t know the solution, but I hope we all get one soon!

Message App Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.