You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to cut a shape with a picture in Keynotes? (preferably for iPad)

I know of the masking function for pictures with shapes, but is there a way to achieve the opposite effect e.g. having a picture with a dog (with the background removed) and then putting a rectangle shape in behind that and somehow getting a cutout of that dog in the shape?

I’m aware that there is a way on Mac to create your own shapes, but I’m on iPad and would prefer something similar to described above.

(Sorry for possible grammar/spelling mistakes, english is not my first language)

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on May 31, 2024 6:20 AM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2024 10:01 AM in response to captain_TFM

Keynote v14 (macOS 14.5, iPadOS 17.5.1) lacks the boolean tools to intersect either vector on vector or vector on raster image to do the cutout that you want to achieve. You need to use a dedicated external graphics program (either the free trial or paid version of Affinity Designer comes to mind). It is available on macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and Windows.

Is it possible to cut a shape with a picture in Keynotes? (preferably for iPad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.