You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime file attaches to a folder Is there a way to remove this?

Has anyone else noticed this before with a QuickTime file? Please see attached. It seems like the QuickTime file has been attached to a folder and I am not sure how you can remove it. Hope this makes sense ?

as you can see there is 2 files as well as a ? I am not sure what that means. Hopefully someone in the comments is more knowledgeable and Can give me some input thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 21, 2024 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2024 1:58 PM

as you can see there is 2 files as well as a ? I am not sure what that means.

Customize the Finder toolbar on Mac - Apple Support

Files, apps, or folders can be added to the Finder toolbar as shortcut icon. That it were two QuickTime media files is coincidental. The question mark is a link that doesn’t work anymore, likely because the source file was deleted.

You may remove or add items by editing the toolbar (from the View menu), or by drag-and-drop either way in combination with holding the Command key (⌘).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2024 1:58 PM in response to Insomnia_artsnyc

as you can see there is 2 files as well as a ? I am not sure what that means.

Customize the Finder toolbar on Mac - Apple Support

Files, apps, or folders can be added to the Finder toolbar as shortcut icon. That it were two QuickTime media files is coincidental. The question mark is a link that doesn’t work anymore, likely because the source file was deleted.

You may remove or add items by editing the toolbar (from the View menu), or by drag-and-drop either way in combination with holding the Command key (⌘).

Quicktime file attaches to a folder Is there a way to remove this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.