You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy Not Working In Preview

I am having the repeated problem where I cannot select and copy from images in Preview. In the past, when I could do so reliably but these days I just get a beep when I copy (nothing gets loaded into pasteboard).

Version 11.0 (1056.3.2)

Is there any way to reliably copy.

I also notice that I am no unable to read large TIFF files into preview as I was able to do in the past. They simply do not display. I have to convert to JPEG to display them.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 5:49 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2024 10:40 AM in response to Big-Jim-Slade

Even if you were to export a PDF from Pages v13.2 containing text and an image (as I just did), you still cannot select that image for copy/paste once the PDF is opened in Preview 11.0. This is a departure from the distant past, when one could click on the image in Preview, it would dim to indicate it could be selected and then copied/pasted elsewhere.

What size do you consider a large TIFF image? A multipage TIFF image or single image TIFF?

Copy Not Working In Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.