You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading Video Opens In Quicktime

Every time I download a video from my Google drive, the file opens automatically in QuickTime. How do I turn this off? I just want to download my files without having to constantly quit out of QT.

iMac 27″, macOS 14.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 5:06 PM

In Safari settings (which you can access by going into Safari, clicking Safari at the top of your screen, then Settings) there is a setting that says "Open 'safe' files after downloading."

Turn this off. This setting will automatically open files with extensions like .txt, .mp4, .mov, etc.

Hope this works!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2024 5:06 PM in response to Dechris_mode

In Safari settings (which you can access by going into Safari, clicking Safari at the top of your screen, then Settings) there is a setting that says "Open 'safe' files after downloading."

Turn this off. This setting will automatically open files with extensions like .txt, .mp4, .mov, etc.

Hope this works!

Downloading Video Opens In Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.