You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to fix Mac Wi-Fi connection issues

My Mac’s been glitching, and it can’t connect to wifi. The status is deactivated and every time I click activate wifi nothing happens, the bar in which you can select the Wi-Fi you wanna connect too flashes for a bit but then continues being deactivated, I don’t know what to do because I tried to restart everything and deactivating the service and making a new location but nothing has helped.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Feb 20, 2024 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 4:28 PM

First, ensure that there are no physical obstructions blocking the Wi-Fi signal and that your iMac is within range of your router. Sometimes, simply repositioning the iMac or the router can improve connectivity.

Next, reset the Wi-Fi configuration on your iMac. You can do this by going to System Preferences > Network. From there, select Wi-Fi from the list on the left, then click the minus (-) button to remove Wi-Fi from the list. After that, click the plus (+) button and add Wi-Fi back to the list. This will reset the Wi-Fi configuration to its default settings.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your iMac. To do this, shut down your iMac, then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. After that, release the power button, wait a few seconds, and then turn on your iMac again.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with your iMac's Wi-Fi card. In that case, I recommend contacting Official Apple Support or visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider for further assistance. They'll be able to diagnose the issue and provide you with the appropriate solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2024 4:28 PM in response to Antonio5772

First, ensure that there are no physical obstructions blocking the Wi-Fi signal and that your iMac is within range of your router. Sometimes, simply repositioning the iMac or the router can improve connectivity.

Next, reset the Wi-Fi configuration on your iMac. You can do this by going to System Preferences > Network. From there, select Wi-Fi from the list on the left, then click the minus (-) button to remove Wi-Fi from the list. After that, click the plus (+) button and add Wi-Fi back to the list. This will reset the Wi-Fi configuration to its default settings.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your iMac. To do this, shut down your iMac, then press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. After that, release the power button, wait a few seconds, and then turn on your iMac again.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's possible that there may be a hardware problem with your iMac's Wi-Fi card. In that case, I recommend contacting Official Apple Support or visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider for further assistance. They'll be able to diagnose the issue and provide you with the appropriate solution.

Unable to fix Mac Wi-Fi connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.