You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email won't delete

I have an email screen that won't delete, only minimizes down to the bar beside the trash bin. It is really frustrating and I would like it to get cleaned up. I can fill in the To and From and Subject lines but it won't let me put in a message and the send button never lights up for sending. Please advise.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Feb 9, 2024 3:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2024 3:38 PM in response to faithhopelove21

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with an email that won't delete and behaves strangely when you try to interact with it. Let's troubleshoot this together.

Firstly, try force-quitting the Mail app and reopening it. Sometimes, restarting the app can resolve minor glitches. To force-quit the Mail app on your MacBook Pro running macOS 14.1, you can follow these steps:

1. Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.

2. Select "Force Quit..."

3. In the Force Quit Applications window that appears, locate "Mail" in the list of applications.

4. Select Mail, then click on the "Force Quit" button.

Once you've force-quit Mail, reopen it and check if the issue persists. If the problematic email is still present, let's try some additional troubleshooting steps.

Next, try accessing your email account through a web browser instead of the Mail app. Log in to your email account's web interface (such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or iCloud Mail) and attempt to delete the problematic email from there. If you can successfully delete it using the web interface, it might indicate a problem with the Mail app itself.

If the issue persists even when accessing your email account through a web browser, it's possible that the email server is experiencing issues. In this case, I recommend contacting your email service provider for assistance.

If the problematic email only persists within the Mail app and you're unable to delete it or interact with it properly, you may need to rebuild the mailbox associated with your email account in the Mail app. This process can vary slightly depending on your email provider, so I recommend referring to the official support documentation provided by your email service provider for instructions on how to rebuild your mailbox in the Mail app.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue after attempting these troubleshooting steps, it's possible that there may be a more complex underlying issue with your Mail app or email account configuration. In this case, I recommend reaching out to Official Apple Support for further assistance or visiting an Apple Store for in-person support. They can provide personalized troubleshooting steps or help you diagnose and resolve the problem.

Email won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.