You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage Network Midi

I am trying to make a redundant Mainstage rig using a second Mac Mini that I can connect to the main rig using an ethernet network which will allow simultaneous midi control of both devices, then I can just switch audio should the main rig fail.

I have set up and connected both Macs in the midi network settings but there doesn't appear to be an option within Mainstage itself to receive midi through this network so nothing is happening.

The closest I came was to create an external instrument at concert level that sends midi from the main rig to the backup. Although this did show it was receiving midi information, any audio output was then stopped on the main rig and none was coming from the backup either.

I know Ableton has settings that need to be applied to do this so wondering if anyone has the solution to make this happen in Mainstage.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 3:45 AM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2024 5:19 AM in response to AdamNUFC

I managed this a few years ago as I had an app I wanted to use (One Man Band) that was then 32 bit and my main Mac had upgraded to an OS that needed 64 bit so I networked to an older MacMini. The software I used at the time was ipMIDI from nerds.de. From what I remember it creates a device in the network area of the Audio/MIDI setup utility. It seems to still be available and claims to be able to run on arm64 (which I think is M1) as well as Intel. Might be worth a try. I was using it for live playing so latency must have been fine. Good luck!

Mainstage Network Midi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.