You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent titles from linking to the background?

Hey gentlemen,

I got inspired by Apple's guided tour of the Vision Pro.

This glass titles are looking real good.

So I tried to reproduce the same look in motion.

Which was successful as you can see:

But the issue here is that when I try to move the title (I have to keyframe it)...

The whole background comes with the title.

This might be due to the fact that I'm using drop zones... But when I use "Title Background" instead it's "even worse?" because the background moves with the title + there is a black screen behind.

Whereas with drop zones, the background moves but behind there is still my clip from the timeline.

I know, it doesn't matter.

I'm just trying to get out of this issue but it's my first motion project.

I searched the whole internet and didn't found anything that could help.

Do you guys have any hints?

Btw here is my motion project:

Thanks a lot 🙏🏽

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 1:28 PM

10 replies

Jan 21, 2024 11:04 PM in response to seblalayan

Hi

Delete or turn off the title background. The title background is a placeholder that is used to act on the media just as you have explained. Otherwise, if you need the title background to be for there any reason, in FCP, make the title a compound clip and the title background will not act on the media below, but from what I see you in your project, looks like you can just use the first method.

Jan 24, 2024 11:47 AM in response to seblalayan

Thank you for posting the title.

I have experimented a bit. The result is really good, great work!

I now understand how you needed the Title Background to make a clone, too. It seems to be the correct solution.

The problem remains that if you want to move the text, in some way - being through and effect, or through the Transform tool, it will, inevitably also affect the title background.

The only way I see forward is to enrich your Title by adding some build-in and build-out in the Motion template itself.

Jan 23, 2024 10:20 AM in response to seblalayan

seblalayan wrote:

Then how to give the title this glass effect?

Currently the text acts as a mask for the background, which is blurred with a gaussian blur (+ brightness adjustments if you see the screenshot)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but currently the background is necessary for my effect to work.

Also, let me clarify something, I told you guys that I needed to keyframe the text to make it simple.

In reality I'm gonna apply an effect for a specific movement.

I tried to open this effect in motion to somehow combine it directly with my glass title but I just abandoned because it was too complicate for me.

Thanks again for your help!!!

I told you how you can move the text and keep the background: publish the text Position.

Jan 22, 2024 12:22 AM in response to seblalayan

Do you need the image to accompany the text? As it is, you are moving the whole title - meaning the whole Motion template - so naturally everything moves.

Unless there is a reason for it, you could avoid the drop zones and add the actual video in the FCP timeline, and have the title comprise only the text.

Or, if you need both the text and the drop zone, but want them to adjust separately, you can publish the Position of the text; then it can be controlled in FCP from the Title browser. For a more sophisticated interface, you might then add an onscreen control to the text.

Jan 23, 2024 9:53 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Then how to give the title this glass effect?

Currently the text acts as a mask for the background, which is blurred with a gaussian blur (+ brightness adjustments if you see the screenshot)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but currently the background is necessary for my effect to work.

Also, let me clarify something, I told you guys that I needed to keyframe the text to make it simple.

In reality I'm gonna apply an effect for a specific movement.

I tried to open this effect in motion to somehow combine it directly with my glass title but I just abandoned because it was too complicate for me.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Jan 24, 2024 3:03 AM in response to seblalayan

Once you add a title or generator to your timeline, it is like a clip.

Whatever effect you apply to your title is going to also affect the title background, if you have it (or the drop zones).

The only way to separately affect different constituents of a title, or generator, is via its published parameters.

Is it crucial for the visual look you want that the clip behind the text gets blurred?

Would it be possible to share this template? I would not mind experimenting to see if I can come up with a solution.

If you like, send it to yourself using wetransfer, and post the link here. It will be deleted, but we still get it in the e-mail notification.

Jan 24, 2024 8:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Yes that would be so helpful ! 🙏🏽

(Yes the blur is essential)

Here is the link to my glass title: (just changed "Drop Zone" into "Title Background")

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0e5qfKG6lBnc0J3zlz7IwAKKA#Glass_Title

And here is the link to the effect I'm using for animations:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0a60KL0YGgt_l7iNY5JlMaI3A#Tap5a_Quick_In-Out_Animator

How to prevent titles from linking to the background?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.