You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple motion and speed ramping

Hello

i'm fighting myself to not switch back to after effect

apple motion speed ramping is one of the most confusion i ever seen in my life

accourding to this link from Apple

Timing controls in Motion - Apple Support

there is no such a thing in the new version in apple motion

i have a clip 400 frame i want easy and simple as any other software on earth create a keyframe let us say from 1 to 100 fram to speed to 400% and from frame 100 to frame 300 play in 100% and then from frame 300 to the rest will play back in 400%

in apple motion there is no such a thing

am i missing something ??

and here is the funny thing NO ONE ON EARTH ( YOUTUBE) spoke about it like i'm the only one on earth who want this ??

i don't want to use the behavior i want to use the video properties as it showing on apple link

and in apple link there is no even looping on apple motion

like wow what is going on here

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 12:21 PM

5 replies

Jan 18, 2024 6:43 PM in response to fox_m

Wow

You are awesome Thanks

but for some one new in apple motion this doesn't make any sense at all

really replicator to control speed ramping !!

but the question is why no one with all these youtubers they call them self apple motion expert never spoke about it ??

that is only mean that these people really nothing but BS ??!!

how come they never used speed ramping and they call them self Professionals

there is no even one youtube video about speed ramping in apple motion

like WTF ???

sorry i'm getting aggressive coz i can't believe how hard for simple things to do and how the F these youtubers BS us

Jan 18, 2024 2:04 PM in response to seleemzid

There are two different ways to handle this.

What you're looking for is the Timing controls, which are typically "hidden" by default.

Select your clip in the Layers List and go to the Properties tab. All the way at the bottom you should see "Timing". It looks like there's nothing there, but you need to **mouse over** the Timing title bar and you will see "Show":

Click on that to reveal the Timing controls.

In order to keyframe the timing of frames, you need to select the following:

Once selected, keyframing is possible:

And looping is available with End Condition:

However, all that said, this is NOT how I would handle retiming/ramping/looping clips.

It is much easier to actually Replicate the clip, then set the "Shape" parameter to Point.

In the Cell Controls, turn off Play Frames and now your clip is under the complete control of a single slider parameter: Source Start Frame.

The Maximum (useful) value of Source Start Frame will be *the total number of frames* of the replicated clip.

Source Start Frame can be put under behavior controls so, depending on the method you choose, aspects like easing (in, out, or both) acceleration/deceleration, etc., will be available. You can even "tie" the animation to effects applied to "Null object" and linking whatever parameter that animated to the Source Start Frame!

The total length of any speed manipulations you apply will be determined by the length of the Replicator and not the original clip... which means that the replicator can be any length (of your choice) longer than the clip (slow mo/looping/etc.) or much shorter (speed ramping/etc.). [Don't forget to reset the project length to the length of the Replicator.]

Don't be so quick to go running back to After Effects (and its subscription). There is very little AE can do that Motion cannot.

Jan 20, 2024 10:42 AM in response to fox_m

but for some one new in apple motion this doesn't make any sense at all
really replicator to control speed ramping !!

It's just a different method I prefer to use.

The Motion designed method would be to use the Behaviors > Retiming > Scrub behavior. I would recommend adding the Frame Offset slider to a Rig since the slider maxes out at -100/+100 frames and you can set the Rig to go from 0 to maxFrames in the 0-100 space (as a %).

but the question is why no one with all these youtubers they call them self apple motion expert never spoke about it ??
that is only mean that these people really nothing but BS ??!!

The most popular youtubers are the ones with an onscreen personality and they know how to get around in Motion... but that doesn't make them experts. They're making money on YouTube being loud and entertaining... and popular. Most of them have "good general knowledge".

how come they never used speed ramping and they call them self Professionals
there is no even one youtube video about speed ramping in apple motion
like WTF ???

Ramping is not really a common practice. Most videos are just cut clips with cross-fades slapped on and pre-packaged titles and effects with no real "personal" editorial vision going into them. Speed ramping takes time and effort...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnG0tL7-Kpc

apple motion and speed ramping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.