You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Broken After iOS 17.2.1 Update

AirPlay has stopped working on devices wired to my network after updating my iPhone 13 Pro to iOS 17.2.1. My Marantz audio streamer switches to AirPlay mode when I try AirPlaying from the phone, but no audio comes through. After a while the phone tells me it can't connect to the Airplay device. I have reset my wi-fi, the Phone's network settings, and the streamer – none of which solved the problem. AirPlay from my Mac is working fine.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 3:13 PM

Happened to me too. iPhone 15 pro max.

9 replies

Dec 31, 2023 11:51 AM in response to Mr Tea

Same, tried all troubleshooting. It’s the same troubleshooting as suggested int he past, just reused. There is no air play working at all for any device. Not for Mac Book, Not for Ipad, nor Iphone. The Home pod will not connect, smart TVs will not connect, nothing will connect with any apple device via air play. Simply put, air play is completely broken.

Jan 19, 2024 9:13 AM in response to Mr Tea

I've done a bit of troubleshooting to this.

marantz NR1200 that was working perfectly prior to 17.2.1 upgrade.

Since the upgrade it will only

work after a reboot of my iPhone, (13 pro)

I've tried rebooting the Marantz, rebooting the router and there is no difference.

its not a WiFi issue on the marantz side as I have it hard wired.

if I reboot the iPhone it will work immediately after but will fail and then will only work with a reboot.

it seems there was a regression with 17.2.1

Feb 5, 2024 1:23 PM in response to Mr Tea

Definitely something with 17.2.1. This began immediately after my phone auto-upgraded. I did find a way (at least for me) to get Airplay for my speakers to work temporarily. For my iPhone SE, I connect via Airplay but if I do almost anything on the phone, my speakers stop and the audio reverts to my iPhone. Airplay still shows a connection to the speakers, but the audio is playing on the phone. While poking around, I accidentally hit the ring tone volume adjust bar under "Sound and Haptics". When I pressed that volume adjust, the ringtone played - and the audio began playing on my speakers again. I have been able to recreate this many times, and can trigger the problem when the screen auto-locks (although it is triggered in other ways). Every time the speakers drop out, I can fix the issue by hitting the ringtone volume adjust. No idea why this works...

[Edited by Moderator]

AirPlay Broken After iOS 17.2.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.