You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animated check marks, swirls, confetti etc

Hi all, I am new to editing in fcp and wondered if it has animated cartoon style gfx built into it? I can’t think of the technical term but I’m trying to get a confetti cannon effect, a ringing telephone gfx effect and animated swirl effects.

you’ll see lots of these sorts of gfx on YouTube videos, but does fcp have any of these? Or are there free downloads?

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 1:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2023 2:50 PM

Hi

This is the forum for Apple Motion, the motion graphics software. With Motion you can create your own graphics that you can publish as templates to run in FCP. FCP doesn't have the kind of graphics you describe built in. However, what you are looking for, by the sound of it, is a plugin or two that has those animations. There are plenty of animation plugins that may include what you have described. I can't provide links here because it is against the community rules. If you search 'FCP plugin swirls' for example, you should get a result. Also have a look at what is available at FxFactory, Motion VFX and at Envato.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2023 2:50 PM in response to pea5ea

Hi

This is the forum for Apple Motion, the motion graphics software. With Motion you can create your own graphics that you can publish as templates to run in FCP. FCP doesn't have the kind of graphics you describe built in. However, what you are looking for, by the sound of it, is a plugin or two that has those animations. There are plenty of animation plugins that may include what you have described. I can't provide links here because it is against the community rules. If you search 'FCP plugin swirls' for example, you should get a result. Also have a look at what is available at FxFactory, Motion VFX and at Envato.

Dec 27, 2023 8:31 AM in response to pea5ea

Lots of that stuff out there!

SVM (Simple Video Making) has great stuff, most for free, it's one of my favs, along with Snap Pop (Stupid Raisins). Here's some of the ones I like most. FYI, MotionVFX has nothing in the genre you're looking for, and if they did, it'd be way over priced.

LenoFX

BretFX (Power Tools)

FCPX Full Access

KBQ (Bling)

LenoFX (Motion Graphics Elements)

PremiumVFX (Animated Elements, plus Shape Transitions to match)

Animated check marks, swirls, confetti etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.