You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Former Fitbit/Sense watch user now using Apple Watch.

Does anyone have any direction or solution that functions similar to the FitBit App, where steps per hour are tracked and a reminder is issued if less than a certain amount of steps have been accumulated with that hour. The notification would be generated @ 10 minutes before the hour lapses. The notification process runs for 12 hours e.g. 8A through 8P?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 12:18 PM

Hoover4s wrote:

Where can I get guidance on lanquage(s) required to create an iPhone or app complication that would answer my original question.?

Do you have programming experience? If not, I would suggest you start by looking at some of the many, many third-party step-tracking apps available.

But, if you want to write your own apps, you could do worse than start here:

Swift - Apple Developer

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2023 12:18 PM in response to Hoover4s

Hoover4s wrote:

Where can I get guidance on lanquage(s) required to create an iPhone or app complication that would answer my original question.?

Do you have programming experience? If not, I would suggest you start by looking at some of the many, many third-party step-tracking apps available.

But, if you want to write your own apps, you could do worse than start here:

Swift - Apple Developer

Nov 13, 2023 7:04 AM in response to Hoover4s

One of the first things you need to come to terms with when switching from a FitBit to an Apple Watch is that Apple doesn't really do much in the way of tracking steps. While you can see how many steps you've taken in a day, beyond that, you're largely limited to the averages you can view in the Health App on your iPhone. You can't set a step goal. For some people, this is a deal breaker. You can use third-party apps that do more step tracking. One I've looked at is called StepsApp. However, since I used it, it has apparently gone to a subscription model. That may make it less appealing to some. There are lots of other apps, though.

You might want to look at these links for more information on tracking activity with an Apple Watch:

Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple

Track daily activity with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Former Fitbit/Sense watch user now using Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.