You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just moved to Japan so I changed my region to Japan since there are some apps not available in my region, but when I’m trying to register my card as a payment method it says that it’s not valid even though it’s a Mastercard. Why is it denying it?

This is stopping me from making purchases on my phone and is just making it harder for me.

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 9:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 1:33 AM

Start here, see -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2023 1:33 AM in response to ajjva_5

Start here, see -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

I just moved to Japan so I changed my region to Japan since there are some apps not available in my region, but when I’m trying to register my card as a payment method it says that it’s not valid even though it’s a Mastercard. Why is it denying it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.