You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 purple screen after update

Hello,

I have an iPhone 11 that have a really big problem. It’s from the start of 2023 that my phone, in a completely random way, crash with a purple pattern on the screen, like block of pixels. “It wasn’t a problem” because it was something that was happening with a low frequency, but now - after I have updated the phone with iOS 17.0.3 - the phone is on a bootloop with that type of crash, and I don’t know what to do. I’ll leave a proof of what is happening at this phone since an hour.

EDIT: after an hour, the phone stopped to crash, so I’ll leave the panic-base log below.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 12:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 1:13 PM

It seems like it could be an issue with the display or a failing processor.

If you have a Mac or PC, you can try to force an update while having the phone plugged in to the computer. If the same issue persists, you can try to restore and set up as new.

If you get to this point and the issue is still there, it's something hardware related, at which point I'd refer you to Apple Support to find your nearest Apple Service Provider for further inspection and next steps.

Display can be replaced, if it's an issue with the logic board, it's a whole phone replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 1:13 PM in response to ilaario

It seems like it could be an issue with the display or a failing processor.

If you have a Mac or PC, you can try to force an update while having the phone plugged in to the computer. If the same issue persists, you can try to restore and set up as new.

If you get to this point and the issue is still there, it's something hardware related, at which point I'd refer you to Apple Support to find your nearest Apple Service Provider for further inspection and next steps.

Display can be replaced, if it's an issue with the logic board, it's a whole phone replacement.

iPhone 11 purple screen after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.