You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving files in Mac finder

seriously apple? why does it have to be such a hassle moving files in finder? is it so difficult to have a "move to" option on the right click? dragging and dropping is not convenient all the time. the way to move files is slow, too many folders to open before you finally get to where you want to drop the file and if in the way the cursor moves out the window to the desktop then it goes all the way back to the first folder you were in.

If anyone has any recommendations to make this experience at least a little more seamlessly, please let me know, thanks.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 8:05 AM

ealepg wrote:

seriously apple? why does it have to be such a hassle moving files in finder? is it so difficult to have a "move to" option on the right click? dragging and dropping is not convenient all the time. the way to move files is slow, too many folders to open before you finally get to where you want to drop the file and if in the way the cursor moves out the window to the desktop then it goes all the way back to the first folder you were in.

If anyone has any recommendations to make this experience at least a little more seamlessly, please let me know, thanks.

?

Open another tab in Finder and drag and drop across tabs, or open two Finder windows...

I always work in List view, seems the easiest to me ... YMMV

ref: Organize your files in the Finder on Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 8:05 AM in response to ealepg

ealepg wrote:

?

Open another tab in Finder and drag and drop across tabs, or open two Finder windows...

I always work in List view, seems the easiest to me ... YMMV

ref: Organize your files in the Finder on Mac

moving files in Mac finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.