You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My number is not activated for iMessage

iMessage is unavailable for my number..

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 9:46 PM

Pabey9 Said:

"My number is not activated for iMessage: iMessage is unavailable for my number.."

-------

Verifying a Phone Number in iMessage:

Is this a New iPhone?: If so, see this thread. It is an old thread, but it might just work: iMessage stuck on verifying my phone number - Apple Community. Report back the results.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2023 9:46 PM in response to Pabey9

Pabey9 Said:

"My number is not activated for iMessage: iMessage is unavailable for my number.."

-------

Verifying a Phone Number in iMessage:

Is this a New iPhone?: If so, see this thread. It is an old thread, but it might just work: iMessage stuck on verifying my phone number - Apple Community. Report back the results.

Oct 18, 2023 7:59 PM in response to Pabey9

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities Pabey9,

You can use the steps below to activate your number for iMessage:

On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see "Use your Apple ID for iMessage," tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
3. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

We hope this provides a solution for you, but if you need more help, providing some additional information, like what happens when you try, may increase the chances that members of the community are able to provide helpful guidance.

Cheers!

My number is not activated for iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.