You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music recognition

I’m on iOS 17 and my music recognition is not sending any sound does anyone know a fix for this

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 6:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 4:15 PM

That’s not really the case I tried all the suggestions u had up there put in not using the Shazam app I’m talking about the built in music recognition feature that comes with the device and since updating to the newest update it stoped working a couple of my friends have the same problem

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2023 4:15 PM in response to Vilas_S

That’s not really the case I tried all the suggestions u had up there put in not using the Shazam app I’m talking about the built in music recognition feature that comes with the device and since updating to the newest update it stoped working a couple of my friends have the same problem

Oct 16, 2023 4:27 PM in response to Dav-wip

Hi there Dav-wip,

Are you trying to identify a song using Siri? If so, the following steps outline how it's expected to work.As mentioned there, it's also recommended that you set up Siri.

On iPhone or iPad, you can identify a song with just your voice using Siri . After it’s identified, the song is added to My Music in the Shazam app. The identified song is also synced to Music Recognition  history in Control Center.
For the best experience, make sure you’ve set up Siri.

1. With music playing around you, say something like “Hey Siri, Shazam this song” or “Hey Siri, what’s the name of this song?”
2. The identified song appears in a notification and is saved to the Shazam app.
3. Do one of the following:
* Tap the notification to open the song’s track screen in Shazam.
* Tap  to open the song in Apple Music.

Tip: In Control Center, touch and hold  to quickly view your songs. Tap a song to open its track screen in the Shazam app, or swipe left and tap  to delete the song.

Identify a song with Siri on iPhone or iPad

If these streps still aren't working for you, contact Apple Support, who have the necessary tools and reassures to investigate and assist further.

Cheers!

Oct 16, 2023 2:47 PM in response to Dav-wip

Hello Dav-wip,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds you're experiencing issues using Shazam on your iPhone. If so, we'd like to help out. First, make sure you're following theses steps here: Find out what song is playing with Shazam on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

1. Make sure you've updated Shazam to the latest version.
2. Make sure you have two-factor authentication set up for your Apple ID.
3. Go to Settings > your name. 
4. Tap iCloud.
5. Turn on Music Recognition.
6. Turn on Shazam.
When you sync Shazam in Control Center with iCloud, your Shazams will no longer be available in your account at shazam.com. And because Shazam will no longer be storing your data, you won’t be able to get copy of your Shazam data
from Shazam.com.

If your issue continues, you can try these additional steps:

1.) Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

2.) Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3.) Delete and reinstall Shazam: How to delete apps - Apple Support

We hope these steps help. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Apr 27, 2024 3:20 PM in response to Dav-wip

I had this same problem and it has been driving me crazy that it hasn’t worked. I finally found out how to fix it. When I would ask Siri to recognize a song it would say listening with Shazam and would never work. Thing is I’ve never used or had Shazam on my phone. So I downloaded Shazam from the App Store and now everything works. I have an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 17.4.1. I wonder if they assume everyone has Shazam, or if there was an update and it was never put in my phone. But downloading that app got everything working again.

music recognition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.