You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete history of my previous events when putting in a new event in my Calendar on my iPhone 14 Plus?

when I go to put in a new event, it goes to a drop down menu of events that I have used before. How do I delete these events from the drop down menu?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 8:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 1:33 PM

Calendar looks into all your events to suggest ones that contain the same text you have started to type for a new event. It's trying to be helpful to reduce your amount of typing since we tend to repeat the same events in our life.

Make a note of meaningful text of suggested events that you want to remove then search for them with the magnifying glass. Once you've found one do a long-press on it and select Delete in the pop-up menu.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2023 1:33 PM in response to Rerunkatt

Calendar looks into all your events to suggest ones that contain the same text you have started to type for a new event. It's trying to be helpful to reduce your amount of typing since we tend to repeat the same events in our life.

Make a note of meaningful text of suggested events that you want to remove then search for them with the magnifying glass. Once you've found one do a long-press on it and select Delete in the pop-up menu.

Aug 31, 2024 10:05 AM in response to Recycleur

I like this idea. It seems that as long as there is an event anywhere in your calendar (past or future) which contains similar text to what you are now beginning to type, a pop-up window will suggest that same event to you.

It seems that the only (and, perhaps the best) way to stop unwanted/irrelevant suggestions is to delete those un-wanted/irrelevant, pre-existing events which are being suggested to you. Note: Said 'pre-existing' events include future events that you have put onto your calendar.

Using the Calendar app in macOS, I found a fairly simple way to mass-delete these irrelevant events. My suggestion piggy-backs upon the suggestion above. As suggested above, into the search field in Calendar I entered the text which tends to bring up the pesky suggestions. All events containing that text were presented to me in a chronologically ordered list. I then quickly mass-selected any and all events containing that text. I did this using command-click to select multiple items; Or using shift-click to select a block of items. For example, I selected a block of items prior to a particular day (or between two dates) and deleted them all with one easy stroke of the delete key.

As stated above, my work on this project was accomplished in macOS on a Macintosh personal computer. I have not attempted this same project in iOS or in iPadOS or in the iCloud web interface.

How to delete history of my previous events when putting in a new event in my Calendar on my iPhone 14 Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.