You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authentication of product’s component

As i have brought apple product from e-commerce site with great discount , and it is working brilliantly but when it comes to such discount i had shared my shopping experience with my colleagues . Unfortunately i have been told that may be your product does have a used or refurbished or duplicate components thats why you are getting at this price . I was lucky to get such offers that may be choking to others but is their any way to prove authenticity of the built quality and components????

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:28 AM

What product&model did you buy? Where did you buy it from? Don't be vague when you seek assistance.

Apple Authorised Resellers shouldn’t sell refurbished Apple products. Products that have been refurbished by Apple can be for sale at Apple only. Those products would be marked as refurbished. That is about quality control.

Apple products that have been refurbished by other parties, may be sold at unauthorised resellers. They should still tell you if a product is refurbished.

You may verify the serial number at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

While it doesn’t necessarily bring proof, it may give you more confidence.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2023 2:28 AM in response to nimish82

What product&model did you buy? Where did you buy it from? Don't be vague when you seek assistance.

Apple Authorised Resellers shouldn’t sell refurbished Apple products. Products that have been refurbished by Apple can be for sale at Apple only. Those products would be marked as refurbished. That is about quality control.

Apple products that have been refurbished by other parties, may be sold at unauthorised resellers. They should still tell you if a product is refurbished.

You may verify the serial number at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

While it doesn’t necessarily bring proof, it may give you more confidence.

Authentication of product’s component

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.