You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help diagnosing a Kernal Panic on Mac Mini M-1 running Ventura

I was out of town for a few days and came back to find a Kernal Panic message - restarted, reported and all went fine until this AM I awoke to find another KP message. I noted that Pages app was not responding and Safari was not as well [thus sending this via Brave]. I'm attaching the most recent KP to this in the hope someone can advise me.

Mac mini, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:36 AM

It's beginning to sound like a hardware issue rather than a software one. You might have to make an appointment at the nearest   Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider for a free diagnosis text.

Note: the AASP may charge for the diagnostic text if you don't have them do the fixing it may need. Apple's test is free. Be sure to have a current and full backup of your boot drive before taking it in. They'll want to erase the drive and install a pristine system (no user data) to verify it's hardware and not software.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Victoria Herring

It's beginning to sound like a hardware issue rather than a software one. You might have to make an appointment at the nearest   Apple Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider for a free diagnosis text.

Note: the AASP may charge for the diagnostic text if you don't have them do the fixing it may need. Apple's test is free. Be sure to have a current and full backup of your boot drive before taking it in. They'll want to erase the drive and install a pristine system (no user data) to verify it's hardware and not software.

Oct 9, 2023 1:29 PM in response to Victoria Herring

If you're going to be away from the Mac for an extended period of time it's best to shut it down completely. Actually rebooting frequently, 2-3 times per week clears out temporary system and application cache and swap files and can keep the system lean and mean.

I'm of the school that shuts down every night because being all solid state the boot time for my iMac is only between 25-30 seconds.

Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks to both of you for the advice == I ran Safe boot 2X yesterday and it kerneled again last night == ran it 2X this AM and will watch it a bit == one reason I do tend to leave my Mini running is because it handles my Mail and rules for that and because from time to time I access it when I'm away [Jump Desktop]. I've never [until now] had issues with panics that may be tied to leaving it running. Will hope to solve the issue yet. Thanks again.

Help diagnosing a Kernal Panic on Mac Mini M-1 running Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.