You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore my iPhone that doesn’t recognize my passcode with my iPad?

I shut down my iPhone because I was taking a test. When I tried to use it, I entered the passcode I’ve had on it for years, and it says, wrong passcode. After trying so many time that it locked it, I am now trying to do a restore on it. I only have access to my iPad can I use that instead or a computer? Frustrated

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 2:48 PM

tamra181 wrote:

I shut down my iPhone because I was taking a test. When I tried to use it, I entered the passcode I’ve had on it for years, and it says, wrong passcode. After trying so many time that it locked it, I am now trying to do a restore on it. I only have access to my iPad can I use that instead or a computer? Frustrated

No you need a computer with itunes on it If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2023 2:48 PM in response to tamra181

tamra181 wrote:

No you need a computer with itunes on it If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Can I restore my iPhone that doesn’t recognize my passcode with my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.