You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Facetime handoff not connecting on devices since Sonoma and 17ios update?

Been having problems with FaceTime handoff on all devices. iPhone, iPad and MacBook since new software update for Sonoma and ios17. FaceTime calls can be made but when there is an effort to handoff to other devices, the video and audio goes blank. The receiving party can see and hear but on the caller end there is nothing.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 11:07 AM

I have done everything that has been mentioned and I have been working with Apple support for over a week now with this issue. Nothing is working to fix this problem.......PERIOD. All of this mess started after the launch of the new ios17 and Sonoma. I have never experienced this problem before. It is beginning to be very irritating dealing with these kinds of issues on equipment costing this kind of money. An iPhone, a MacBook Pro and an iPad. That's well over 4 grand in merchandise, brand new I might add since I just got all these devices updated and renewed to not get this issue resolved or helped. At this point I just want to know whether there will be an updated update launched to help get things back on track. I have talked to some people telling me they are having a lot of bluetooth connection issues since the update and a few others have mentioned the new updates are causing their phones to get really hot or they can't even upload the new updates to transfer over information to new phones. So apparently at this point, this has to be a software issue. There's only so many times you can keep powering a device on and off and re-uploading software that at this point seems to have some problems. This is a lot of drama people are going through and not getting any resolutions.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2023 11:07 AM in response to Vilas_S

I have done everything that has been mentioned and I have been working with Apple support for over a week now with this issue. Nothing is working to fix this problem.......PERIOD. All of this mess started after the launch of the new ios17 and Sonoma. I have never experienced this problem before. It is beginning to be very irritating dealing with these kinds of issues on equipment costing this kind of money. An iPhone, a MacBook Pro and an iPad. That's well over 4 grand in merchandise, brand new I might add since I just got all these devices updated and renewed to not get this issue resolved or helped. At this point I just want to know whether there will be an updated update launched to help get things back on track. I have talked to some people telling me they are having a lot of bluetooth connection issues since the update and a few others have mentioned the new updates are causing their phones to get really hot or they can't even upload the new updates to transfer over information to new phones. So apparently at this point, this has to be a software issue. There's only so many times you can keep powering a device on and off and re-uploading software that at this point seems to have some problems. This is a lot of drama people are going through and not getting any resolutions.

Oct 4, 2023 8:51 AM in response to TeeLee07

Hello TeeLee07,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We want to help you with this unexpected behavior you're experiencing with handoff. Allow us to recommend a few troubleshooting steps you can try. Follow the steps below:

1.) Close out the affected app.

2.) Try refreshing things by restarting all the affected devices:

3.) Make sure all pending updates have been installed on your devices:

4.) Test this issue in safe mode using your Mac. This step can help isolate possible software related issues: Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Apple silicon
1.) Shut down your Mac.
2.) Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window.
3.) Select your startup disk, then press and hold the Shift key while clicking “Continue in Safe Mode.”
4.) Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

Depending on your results, follow the steps under “If the issue continues in safe mode” or “If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode”.

We hope these steps help you. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Why is Facetime handoff not connecting on devices since Sonoma and 17ios update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.