You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my laptop is 3 years old and used little. The battery is getting very hot and has a short lifespan what do I need to do?

My Macbook pro gets hot and the battery life is short. the battery condition says its normal but I dont believe it .Is this normal?

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 4:40 PM

If your MBP is still under AppleCare, call them at 1‑800‑APLCARE and report the problem. They will advise as appropriate.

If not covered by AppleCare, make an appointment at the Genius Bar in your local Apple Store and have them look at it. Alternatively, find a local Apple Authorized Service Provider.

You don't want to fool around if a battery is overheating.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Cottonfalls

If your MBP is still under AppleCare, call them at 1‑800‑APLCARE and report the problem. They will advise as appropriate.

If not covered by AppleCare, make an appointment at the Genius Bar in your local Apple Store and have them look at it. Alternatively, find a local Apple Authorized Service Provider.

You don't want to fool around if a battery is overheating.

my laptop is 3 years old and used little. The battery is getting very hot and has a short lifespan what do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.