You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required

It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:39 PM

STARJORDEN Said:

"How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required: It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What iOS is currently installed? Go to: Settings > General > About. From here, try updating through use of a computer. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Activating an iPhone:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2023 7:39 PM in response to STARJORDEN

STARJORDEN Said:

"How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required: It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What iOS is currently installed? Go to: Settings > General > About. From here, try updating through use of a computer. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Activating an iPhone:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.

How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.