You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented Movie on Phone - Not showing up on TV or Computer, Can't Cast Either

I rented a movie on Apple TV + on my phone (because easier checkout) but it is not showing up when I open Apple TV+ on my computer or TV. I also have tried casting it from my phone to the tv or computer and this doesn't work, even with a Mac. Please help I do not want to watch on my phone!

Is there an alternative way to find rented movies that i am not seeing? When I search the movie on tv/computer it doesn't even appear in the results.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 24, 2023 7:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 6:15 AM

Is this a freaking joke? So I purchase a season of a show on my phone and can't watch on tv.apple.com? Why in the world would Apple think this is a good idea? When I pay for a program, I should be able to watch ANYWHERE Apple TV is working!!!!!!!

6 replies

Sep 26, 2023 1:42 AM in response to carrianne225

1. Rented movies are available through the full Apple TV app, not through the specialized Apple TV+ app. Learn more about the differences between these app editions on: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support. Could that be it?
  2. Rented movies are not available through the web interface at tv.apple.com.
  3. On computers with the iTunes application, rented movies can be accessed through the Library tab.
  4. On computers with the Apple TV app, rented movies would be available through the Library tab.
  5. AirPlay streaming is possible to modern Macs. See: System requirements for Continuity features on Apple devices - Apple Support.

Feb 5, 2024 6:35 AM in response to edwilk

So I purchase a season of a show on my phone and can't watch on tv.apple.com?

That’s right. Store and Library are not available on the web. On the web it is just for Apple TV+, MLS, and FNB subscription content.

Instead, the Apple TV app with Store and Library is available on many modern smart TVs and third party streaming devices that connect to a TV by HDMI.

On Windows PCs, you may watch purchased content in the iTunes application or the pre-release Apple TV app.

On Macs (macOS 10.15 or later), you may watch purchased content in the TV app.

On Macs (macOS 10.14 or earlier), you may watch purchased content in the iTunes application.

Rented Movie on Phone - Not showing up on TV or Computer, Can't Cast Either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.