You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone give sensical instructions for using the new version of Do Not Disturb?

I cannot even figure out how to turn this app ON, and Apple’s

instructions for this app are BEYOND USELESS.

you used to just be able to hit a simple toggle switch and turn on do not disturb. Now you have to go through a gazillion instructions, some kind of scheduling, and I still can’t figure out how to turn it on, or how to turn it off again if I’ve managed to turn it on. The feature went from being something simple and useful to being a complete nightmare. Help!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 5:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 6:43 AM

You can still hit a simple toggle switch to turn it on and off. They just moved it to the Control Center. To make it as close to the following as it used to be:

Go to Settings>Focus and delete all of the options except Do Not Disturb (and Driving, perhaps) by tapping on each one, going to the bottom of the screen and tapping the delete button.

Then, when you go to Control Center, you can turn DND on or off by tapping on the little icon of the crescent moon on the Focus button. That will turn it on. Tapping on it again will turn it off.

Don't tap on the word(s) on the button or you'll bring up that menu in the pictures above, which I don't think you want.

Yes, Focus is more complicated than the old Do Not Disturb but, I think it's well worth the effort to learn how to use it as it is far, far more flexible and useful once you do.

See also:

Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2023 6:43 AM in response to wolf_kells

You can still hit a simple toggle switch to turn it on and off. They just moved it to the Control Center. To make it as close to the following as it used to be:

Go to Settings>Focus and delete all of the options except Do Not Disturb (and Driving, perhaps) by tapping on each one, going to the bottom of the screen and tapping the delete button.

Then, when you go to Control Center, you can turn DND on or off by tapping on the little icon of the crescent moon on the Focus button. That will turn it on. Tapping on it again will turn it off.

Don't tap on the word(s) on the button or you'll bring up that menu in the pictures above, which I don't think you want.

Yes, Focus is more complicated than the old Do Not Disturb but, I think it's well worth the effort to learn how to use it as it is far, far more flexible and useful once you do.

See also:

Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Can anyone give sensical instructions for using the new version of Do Not Disturb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.