You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music interface controls disappear while playing and won't return without pausing

A UI/UX bug, as I see it...

In Apple Music, on tvOS 17.0 on 5th gen AppleTV, while music plays, the interface/controls "sleep" and I cannot get them back.

I cannot use the soft touch or Menu (using 1st gen Siri Remote) to bring them back on the screen when the interface is in Carousel mode. I have to pause/unpause or hit Menu (which takes up a level and not the result I desire). I can use deep touch to load the submenu on the active track, but that is not the desired behavior.

When in Lyrics mode, a simple "soft" tap on the touch sensor brings the interface up so I can see the playback duration, scrub time, load info, switch to carousel mode, favorite, or use the ellipsis to load the sub menus.

Please fix the behavior so a soft touch (when in Carousel mode) wakes up the hidden interface. Also, make it so a single touch of the Menu button does the same. If the interface is awake/visible, then a touch of Menu should take you back a level in navigation.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 6:28 PM

As you are running beta software, there is no support available for that until the next release becomes available to all users. Instead, you can give feedback using the designated methods about any errors that you encounter.

3 replies

Apple Music interface controls disappear while playing and won't return without pausing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.