You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to mass delete messages off my mac? Other then one at a time

I can mass delete messages off my iPhone but my Mac has messages from 5 years ago. I'd like to clean that up without haveing to do one message at a time

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 9:27 PM

ruddengroup Said:

"is there a way to mass delete messages off my mac? Other than one at a time: I can mass delete messages off my iPhone but my Mac has messages from 5 years ago. I'd like to clean that up without haveing to do one message at a time"

-------

Deleting Multiple Messages Off a Mac:

You con only delete the entire thread.

A. Print theses Threads:

Fir safe keeping, tf you wanted to, you could print your threads as PDF dements. Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - User Tip

B. Proceed with a the Delation

1. Open: the Messages app
  2. Hold Down: the shift key
  3. Click: the top thread
  4. Click: then the last thread.
  5. Right-Click: on any thread
  6. Select: "Delete..." button
  7. Click: "Delete" button
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2023 9:27 PM in response to ruddengroup

ruddengroup Said:

"is there a way to mass delete messages off my mac? Other than one at a time: I can mass delete messages off my iPhone but my Mac has messages from 5 years ago. I'd like to clean that up without haveing to do one message at a time"

-------

Deleting Multiple Messages Off a Mac:

You con only delete the entire thread.

A. Print theses Threads:

Fir safe keeping, tf you wanted to, you could print your threads as PDF dements. Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - User Tip

B. Proceed with a the Delation

1. Open: the Messages app
  2. Hold Down: the shift key
  3. Click: the top thread
  4. Click: then the last thread.
  5. Right-Click: on any thread
  6. Select: "Delete..." button
  7. Click: "Delete" button

is there a way to mass delete messages off my mac? Other then one at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.