You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted music playing

I just purchased a Mac Air M-2 and migrated everything from my old Mac without any problem. When I opened Music for the first time, a solo piano music started up that is not mine. It continues with many songs, all music, the quality of elevator music. I have no way to stop it. It over rides any video or my own music, and even plays blended in on those. I contacted Apple support this morning, and it took about a hour for them to get it to stop, but they had to have me start up in safe mode, then enter my computer to do it. After a re boot it was normal. Now this evening it has started up again. Do I need to return this Air or is there a solution?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 8:54 PM

wroger45 Said:

"So every time I want to start up my Air, I will have to start up in Safe Mode? That is not acceptable."

-------

Get this Serviced, Hands-On:

So, if you get this issue when bottling up normally, then take this in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2023 8:54 PM in response to wroger45

wroger45 Said:

"So every time I want to start up my Air, I will have to start up in Safe Mode? That is not acceptable."

-------

Get this Serviced, Hands-On:

So, if you get this issue when bottling up normally, then take this in for a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options.

Aug 24, 2023 8:36 PM in response to wroger45

wroger45 Said:

"Unwanted music playing: [...]I contacted Apple support this morning, and it took about a hour for them to get it to stop, but they had to have me start up in safe mode, then enter my computer to do it. After a re boot it was normal. Now this evening it has started up again. Do I need to return this Air or is there a solution?"

-------

About Booting in Safe Mode:

No. There is no need to return it, from what you've reported. It has been fixed via booting in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(caches) are fixed.

Aug 25, 2023 9:34 AM in response to wroger45

wroger45 Said:

"Unwanted music playing: Solution Found! I contacted Genius Bar by phone, explained my issue, and the guy asked me to open up Force Quit of programs. We went over the apps that were open and found that the Mah Jong app was the Cause/source of the music. Problem resolved. Thanks you support for a fast and easy answer.

———-

Excellent job troubleshooting!

Thanks for spreading the word. It will help many for certain!

Unwanted music playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.