You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrieve pictures onto new phone

i got a new IPhone 14 and all of my photos and Notes transferred over. Since they had transferred, I deleted them off of my old phone that I sold back to AT&T. After they deleted everything off of my old phone, it also deleted off of my new phone. I had plenty of iCloud storage. Thank you for your help.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 2:02 PM

I'm confused what you actually did? From what I'm interpreting, you deleted the photos from your old iPhone, which may have been still tied to your Apple ID. There's a procedure for erasing an iPhone to get ready for trade in. And I suspect you didn't follow the procedure. If the two phones were still tied to your Apple ID and you sync photos with iCloud, if you simply deleted the photos from the old iPhone, they would have deleted everywhere, meaning on your new iPhone as well.

But you have hope. Open the Photos App and look in folders for one called Recently deleted. Open it and if the photos are there (which they should be for up to 30 days) and choose recover all.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2023 2:02 PM in response to Rambler23

I'm confused what you actually did? From what I'm interpreting, you deleted the photos from your old iPhone, which may have been still tied to your Apple ID. There's a procedure for erasing an iPhone to get ready for trade in. And I suspect you didn't follow the procedure. If the two phones were still tied to your Apple ID and you sync photos with iCloud, if you simply deleted the photos from the old iPhone, they would have deleted everywhere, meaning on your new iPhone as well.

But you have hope. Open the Photos App and look in folders for one called Recently deleted. Open it and if the photos are there (which they should be for up to 30 days) and choose recover all.

How to retrieve pictures onto new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.