You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone has eSIM; old one doesn't

My old phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) doesn't have eSIM and my new one (iPhone 14 Pro) does. How do I transfer the phone number and cellular data? It says that I can't transfer since the old one doesn't support it.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 9:13 AM

iPhone 11 Pro Max does have a provision for eSIM unless you bought it from Mainland China, Macau, or Hongkong.

Contact your carrier to transfer your SIM from your old iPhone to your new iPhone.

Transfer a physical SIM or eSIM on your previous iPhone to an eSIM on your new iPhone after setup

1. On your new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
  2. Choose a cellular plan to transfer from another iPhone. ... 
  3. Check for instructions on your previous iPhone to confirm the transfer.

More items...

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support (IS)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2023 9:13 AM in response to m44ry44m

iPhone 11 Pro Max does have a provision for eSIM unless you bought it from Mainland China, Macau, or Hongkong.

Contact your carrier to transfer your SIM from your old iPhone to your new iPhone.

Transfer a physical SIM or eSIM on your previous iPhone to an eSIM on your new iPhone after setup

1. On your new iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
  2. Choose a cellular plan to transfer from another iPhone. ... 
  3. Check for instructions on your previous iPhone to confirm the transfer.

More items...

About eSIM on iPhone - Apple Support (IS)

New iPhone has eSIM; old one doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.