You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Purchased apps from App Store.

I doesn’t tell me how to remove an app from purchased apps in App Store on a iPhone.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:01 PM

You can hide a purchased app from your list, but you can hide it. Follow the instructions below from Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support article:

• Open the App Store app.
  • Tap the account button , or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
  • Tap Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.

• Find the app that you want, then swipe left on it and tap Hide.

• Tap Done.

What happens when you hide an app in your purchase list

When you hide an app in your purchase list, it no longer appears in the list of your purchases that's in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. And if you use Family Sharing, family members can't redownload the app from your list of shared purchases.

Hiding an app won't remove it from your device, a family member's device, or other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID.

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2023 9:01 PM in response to Gilord

You can hide a purchased app from your list, but you can hide it. Follow the instructions below from Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support article:

• Open the App Store app.
  • Tap the account button , or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
  • Tap Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.

• Find the app that you want, then swipe left on it and tap Hide.

• Tap Done.

What happens when you hide an app in your purchase list

When you hide an app in your purchase list, it no longer appears in the list of your purchases that's in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. And if you use Family Sharing, family members can't redownload the app from your list of shared purchases.

Hiding an app won't remove it from your device, a family member's device, or other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID.

Hope this helps!

Aug 15, 2023 9:16 PM in response to Gilord

Gilord Said:

"How to remove Purchased apps from App Store.: I doesn’t tell me how to remove an app from purchased apps in App Store on a iPhone."

-------

Removing a Purchase App from App History:

A. You Can't On your Own. You purchases will stay on your purchase history --hidden or not, and even if they are removed from the App Store.

B. Apps Being Remove from he App Store:

Though paid for, apps are officially leased items. Sometimes, they are removed from the App Store without the purchaser's consent. This is because you are officially leasing the item, and there is an agreement between Apple and the app's Developer to place it in the App Store. So, if they decide to remove it, then it would be removed.

How to remove Purchased apps from App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.