You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you track my iphone that i lost

I lost my iPhone last night. However, it is dead and cannot be found on find my iphone. Can you please help me locate it?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 1:41 PM

Sorry, as users.....just like you....we have no way to track your phone, and Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones.

If the battery has run down, or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet where it is currently located, then the phone cannot appear on the Find My map.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do about this other than check back a few times each day to see the status of the phone might have changed.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2023 1:41 PM in response to jonnykraus

Sorry, as users.....just like you....we have no way to track your phone, and Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones.

If the battery has run down, or the phone does not have a connection to the Internet where it is currently located, then the phone cannot appear on the Find My map.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do about this other than check back a few times each day to see the status of the phone might have changed.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Aug 13, 2023 1:31 PM in response to jonnykraus

We are NOT Apple on this user to user only forum. But Apple doesn't help or get involved in lost or stolen devices, so no, we cannot, nor can Apple help you.

The reality is if the phone is not powered on or connected to a network, the ONLY way to find it is the old fashioned trace your steps, look for it with your eyes way.

The related article link at the top of this page, which brought you here has all the suggestions you can follow if your iPhone is lost or stolen.

can you track my iphone that i lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.