You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not installing apps

I have now reset, unpaired and repaired and still I can not get my Apple Watch to install apps.

every time I click the install button it proceeds to tell me to “double click” on my watch says “processing” and then just goes back to install on my phone.

I originally reset my watch because Spotify wasn’t syncing and now I can’t even download the app to my watch. Please help this is very frustrating.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 8:46 AM

It could be that the double-click isn't registering properly. I had this issue with my watch when I was trying to pay for something and I needed to double-click the side button.

You can fix the issue by changing the double-click speed to slow. This is done on your watch in Settings>Accesibility>Button Click Speed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Lisamaree09

It could be that the double-click isn't registering properly. I had this issue with my watch when I was trying to pay for something and I needed to double-click the side button.

You can fix the issue by changing the double-click speed to slow. This is done on your watch in Settings>Accesibility>Button Click Speed.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apple Watch not installing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.