You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password to activation lock

Apple Watch

Im having problem activating my Apple watch

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 6:37 PM

For general information on Activation Lock on the Watch, this is the same article that you previously viewed:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

In any case you will need the password to the Apple ID that was used on the watch. You must use one of these steps to get the password to make the device usable:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Without the original Apple ID Password, you will not be able to activate the Watch on your own. If you have the original receipt with the serial number to the Watch, you can request an unlock from Apple. They will not get involved unless you can provide the original receipt and they also do not get involved in third party sales where the device is locked.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 6:37 PM in response to latasha172

For general information on Activation Lock on the Watch, this is the same article that you previously viewed:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

In any case you will need the password to the Apple ID that was used on the watch. You must use one of these steps to get the password to make the device usable:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Without the original Apple ID Password, you will not be able to activate the Watch on your own. If you have the original receipt with the serial number to the Watch, you can request an unlock from Apple. They will not get involved unless you can provide the original receipt and they also do not get involved in third party sales where the device is locked.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I forgot my password to activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.