You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop sleep tracking?

I want to stop sleep tracking so my Apple Watch won’t bother me in the night when it turns on by accident. Is there a way to stop it, or at least pause it?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 9:59 AM

To stop sleep tracking on your Apple Watch Series 5, you can open the "Watch" app on your paired iPhone, go to the "My Watch" tab, select "Sleep," and then toggle off the "Track Sleep with Apple Watch" option. This will prevent your Apple Watch from automatically tracking your sleep and bothering you at night.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 9:59 AM in response to soliana244

To stop sleep tracking on your Apple Watch Series 5, you can open the "Watch" app on your paired iPhone, go to the "My Watch" tab, select "Sleep," and then toggle off the "Track Sleep with Apple Watch" option. This will prevent your Apple Watch from automatically tracking your sleep and bothering you at night.

Aug 7, 2023 11:39 AM in response to soliana244

soliana244 wrote:

The watch is in sleep mode, if you tap the screen it would turn on and work how it should in sleep mode. But what I meant was that the screen would turn on when I don’t want it to.

What I'm trying to say is if the watch is in Sleep mode (not just asleep), tapping the screen does nothing. In order to activate the screen, you have to press and hold the digital crown. So, if your watch lights up when you tap on it, it is not in Sleep mode.

Aug 11, 2023 12:00 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for helping me understand, when the Sleep focus is on before bedtime the watch changes watch faces and when I tap the screen it lights up with that watch face. But if I wanted to fully use the watch I would need to hold the Digital Crown. I didn’t change the settings to do that but it still does that anyway so I was assuming that it was in Sleep mode.

How do I stop sleep tracking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.