You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you reset passcode on a iPad with Mac with macOS Ventura installed?

my son recently disabled his iPad. Now I am trying to resetting passcode using my macOS Ventura, but iTunes is not installed. How do I reset passcode?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 12:27 PM

Under Ventura, the iPad appears in the device list in the sidebar and you access it through the Finder, not through iTunes anymore.

I don't think you can reset just the passcode only this way, the entire iPad gets reset (including all data). See If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 30, 2023 1:10 PM in response to titojs22

You don't need iTunes installed on your Mac, you will be using the Finder to connect to the iPad

Connect the iPad to your Mac using a cable

Click on the Finder "smiley face" icon on the dock

Look for the iPad on the left side of the Finder window under the Locations heading

When you first connect the iPad to the Mac, you may be asked to confirm that you are connecting devices.....before the iPad will appear.

If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

how do you reset passcode on a iPad with Mac with macOS Ventura installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.