You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max unresponsive/dead, What should I do?

My iPhone 13 Pro Max was working just fine, but all of a sudden it became unresponsive/dead. I tried to force restart, still it won't turn on. What should I do?

I researched a bit and found out that lot of iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max users have faced this issue in the past, so what does that imply? If many users are facing this issue, does it mean it's a manufacturing defect/bug?

What should I do?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 2:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 10:33 AM

My iPhone 13 Pro Max was working just fine, but all of a sudden it became unresponsive/dead. I tried to force restart, still it won't turn on. What should I do?

@IdrisSeabright

This community is filled with posts - 1. Iphone 13 Pro Max White Display Issue aft… - Apple Community : how many users from the Apple Community have clicked on Me too? 1852. And the comment section goes on and on till 8 or the 9th page.

2.phone Green screen of death - Apple Community : how many users from the Apple Community have clicked on Me too? 324. and how many users have have commented about similar issues in the comments, well you count that, I see 3 pages of comments.

@IdrisSeabright says, "I get that you're upset that your phone needs a repair that isn't covered by warranty. But, it happens. It's not fun when it's you but that doesn't make it some endemic failure." I know what your agenda here is, it's definitely not to help me or.... and yes I'm upset coz this issue happened after the update and I haven't done anything that would have caused this issue. And it's an endemic failure, check the links posted above, and since it's an issue concerning me, I've done my research, and there are many users who have posted about this issue and similar issues that iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max users are facing after the recent update.

So sir, @IdrisSeabright you have a different agenda I believe, which is definitely not to help me or..... and you want an exact number/data, then go do your own research or ask Apple to conduct one or may be share the numbers if they have.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 10:33 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

@IdrisSeabright

This community is filled with posts - 1. Iphone 13 Pro Max White Display Issue aft… - Apple Community : how many users from the Apple Community have clicked on Me too? 1852. And the comment section goes on and on till 8 or the 9th page.

2.phone Green screen of death - Apple Community : how many users from the Apple Community have clicked on Me too? 324. and how many users have have commented about similar issues in the comments, well you count that, I see 3 pages of comments.

@IdrisSeabright says, "I get that you're upset that your phone needs a repair that isn't covered by warranty. But, it happens. It's not fun when it's you but that doesn't make it some endemic failure." I know what your agenda here is, it's definitely not to help me or.... and yes I'm upset coz this issue happened after the update and I haven't done anything that would have caused this issue. And it's an endemic failure, check the links posted above, and since it's an issue concerning me, I've done my research, and there are many users who have posted about this issue and similar issues that iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max users are facing after the recent update.

So sir, @IdrisSeabright you have a different agenda I believe, which is definitely not to help me or..... and you want an exact number/data, then go do your own research or ask Apple to conduct one or may be share the numbers if they have.

Aug 2, 2023 10:54 AM in response to Erin_Jay

Erin_Jay wrote:

You take it to Apple. They evaluate it and tell you what needs to be done. Modern electronics, unlike mechanical devices, tend to work perfectly then fail. There is no period of sort of not working. The failure is almost always suddden and unexpected.

Ha, ha! No, that's not "filled with posts". Filled with posts is when there are dozens and dozens of twenty, thirty page threads. It happens rarely. Consider doing the math to figure out what percentage of 20 million is represented by 324.

I know what your agenda here is, it's definitely not to help me or....

In fact, my agenda is precisely to help you.

and yes I'm upset coz this issue happened after the update and I haven't done anything that would have caused this issue.

No one said you did anything at all. Your device failed. It happens. The fact that it happened in temporal proximity to an update does not prove causality.

And it's an endemic failure, check the links posted above,

No, it's not.

So sir, @IdrisSeabright

Why do you assume I'm a man? Why is anyone's gender relevant to this dicussion?

you have a different agenda I believe, which is definitely not to help me

You are incorrect.

and you want an exact number/data, then go do your own research or ask Apple to conduct one or may be share the numbers if they have.

As the person making the assertion that this is endemic, it's incumbent upon you to be able to back up that assumption if you want anyone to seriously consider what you're saying. So far, you haven't been able to do that for me and, I assure you, my bar is much lower than Apple's.

You have some choices. You can get your phone fixed. You can buy a new phone, possibly a different manufacture. Or, you can keep complaining here. The last may be cathartic but it won't get you a working phone.

Jul 31, 2023 8:14 PM in response to Erin_Jay

Erin_Jay Said:

"My iPhone 13 Pro Max was working just fine, but all of a sudden it became unresponsive/dead. I tried to force restart, still it won't turn on. What should I do?[...]"

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone Power:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

III. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

Aug 2, 2023 9:18 AM in response to Erin_Jay

How many people does this "national newspaper" say are having the problem? And, based on my long experience in this community, when there is a serious problem that affects a large number of people, the community is flooded with posts. That's not happening here.

I get that you're upset that your phone needs a repair that isn't covered by warranty. But, it happens. It's not fun when it's you but that doesn't make it some endemic failure.

I do not find "X" or YouTube to be reliable sources of news. YouTube, I will admit, is helpful for knitting instructions.

iPhone 13 Pro Max unresponsive/dead, What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.