You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TrueDepth Camera repair iPhone 12 pro

Obviously many many people have had issues with their TrueDepth camera. So many of us have asked "What does it cost?"--and the answer always seems to be "Go to Apple support: IPhone repairs."

No where on there is TrueDepth Camera repair listed. Just "other". With so many failing, I think it's not very forthcoming to not list that item specifically. We are really stuck with Apple service because most outside repair companies can't fix that problem.

Can no one really give feedback as to what it ended up costing them?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:41 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2023 4:07 PM in response to Libby101a

I called three places and they said that they don't have the ability to repair that issue because of the lasers involved. I am taking it to Best Buy tomorrow which is where Apple service told me to take it. They have the capability to possibly fix it but the random cell phone repair stores don't even want to touch it.

Jul 27, 2023 1:42 PM in response to TXMomMN

Update: Apple service ran a diagnostic through Apple support. They sent me to Best Buy with an appointment. The Geek Squad just said we don't have the parts for that and made me an appointment with the actual Apple Store which is where I was wanting to go in the first place. I am getting pretty frustrated. Ready to go Samsung.

TrueDepth Camera repair iPhone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.