You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to buy a MacBook with the Apple account balance (proceeds from a gift card) and a credit card? What type of gift card, when redeemed, provides the balance to buy a MacBook?

I would like to purchase a MacBook. Someone will give me a Gift Card. Because the cost of the macbook exceeds the amount of the gift card I am redeeming, can I pay the remaining amount to complete the total cost of the macbook with a credit card?

What type of gift card must I be given in order to make the purchase as described (Apple Account Balance and Credit Card?

Thanks in advance for any help.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 3:04 PM

You can use a combination of credit card and Apple Gift Card(s) or Apple Account Balance to make a purchase from the online Apple Store in the U.S. -- see the following for details: Payment, Financing, Refunds and VAT - Shopping Help - Apple

1 reply

Is it possible to buy a MacBook with the Apple account balance (proceeds from a gift card) and a credit card? What type of gift card, when redeemed, provides the balance to buy a MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.