You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why touch id on apple magic keyboard doesn't work with bluetooth while it perfectly works when connected with usb cable? I use iMac silicon 24"

I use iMac 24" M1 (MacOS Ventura 13.4.1) and Apple magic keyboard with Touch ID (wide one). I used this keyboard to replace the small one that came with computer. As long as the new keyboard is connected to iMac via cable Touch ID works flawlessly. However, if I disconnect the cable and keyboard is connected via Bluetooth, Touch ID stops working every time I do this. To restore Touch ID I have to turn the keyboard off and then on and connect the cable. The old keyboard worked well in both Bluetooth and cabled connections

iMac 27″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 1:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2023 4:27 AM

If you tried the steps in the link above If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac and it still doesn't work, contact Apple Support

1 reply

why touch id on apple magic keyboard doesn't work with bluetooth while it perfectly works when connected with usb cable? I use iMac silicon 24"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.