You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone say no service

Why does my phone say no service and searching? I’ve payed my bill and all settings are correct

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 4:45 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2023 4:59 PM in response to CHRISTIEG1130

Cell phone towers don't provide 100% coverage, especially if you are indoors. You can have your settings correct, and your plan all paid up, and still encounter "dead" areas.

I see that the iPhone 7 supports a mixture of 3G (GSM, CDMA) and 4G (LTE) cellular bands and frequencies. The phone companies have shut down their 3G networks, so your iPhone 7 is relying on its 4G support – which might not be as extensive as the 4G and 5G support in newer iPhones.

If your iPhone says "No service" all of the time, that's a matter I would suggest taking up with the phone company.

iPhone 7 - Technical Specifications

Why does my phone say no service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.