You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac 2020 internal mic not working

Today during a Zoom call, I realized that my iMacs internal mic was no longer working. Ive been doing some troubleshooting, and realized that in some of the computers stock apps, the mic still works. Things like dictation, voice text messages, and siri. However, all other apps like Audacity, Zoom, Slack, etc the mic does not pick up sound. When using dictation on the text app, the input level moves up and down in preferences, but not with an app like zoom. I just updated to the newest OS version to see if that would help and it doesn't. Ive also checked my internal mics access and all apps are allowed access. I've turned the tried to create new user on my mac and see if that would change anything due to possible user settings and that has done nothing as well.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 12:52 PM

Hi there,

Do the programs like zoom have access to your mic?

Check that via this link and follow the instructions provided

Control access to the microphone on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Best of Luck!

Similar questions

2 replies

imac 2020 internal mic not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.