You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Face ID disabled?

why did my Face ID get disabled

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 1:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 3:38 AM

And why should I have to pay $300 to update my 2018 iPhone XS Max in order to use Face ID again? Phone was working fine, until this money grab to force new iPhone purchases.

3 replies

Apr 4, 2024 4:42 PM in response to Pedroza_

Face ID might stop working for a few reasons, like a small glitch or a camera problem. If it's not working, sometimes updating your iPhone or restarting it can fix it. But if those tricks don't help, there might be something wrong with the camera that lets Face ID work.

About the $300 fix, well, fixing the camera and parts inside your iPhone can be pretty pricey, especially if it's out of warranty. It sounds like a lot (and it is!), but that's because the tech behind Face ID is pretty advanced.

Apple usually suggests updates or fixes to make sure your iPhone works great and stays secure. But I get why it feels like they're nudging you to buy a new phone.

Here's a tip: You can chat with Apple Support or drop by an Apple Store to see what's up with your Face ID. They might have a way to fix it that doesn't cost so much. And if you bought AppleCare+ (that's the extended warranty), the repair might even cost less.

Deciding whether to fix your current phone or get a new one is tough. But checking in with Apple or getting a second opinion could help you make the best choice for you.

Why is my Face ID disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.