You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12: after repair a new battery couldn't be identified

Hello everyone.

After repair in an authorized repair company (was found through apple.com), an iPhone 12 shows a message that the installed battery couldn't be identified and might be not an original component. But how it is possible if I used official partner, and how to address this issue?

Thank you for your time.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 12:15 PM

Certainly possible, but also the first time that I have heard this information. I don't know how you would get anyone at Apple to verify this.

Ask the shop if they can provide a link to a service bulletin from Apple that would provide more details about this.

8 replies

Jul 7, 2023 12:19 PM in response to HlebK

HlebK wrote:

Thank you so much for a quick reaction on my request. The company informed me that the issue is on the iOS end, because a chip that is responsible for validation of a new component has an issue. What do you guys think, is it possible or not?

It’s more likely that whoever did the repair did not properly register the new battery when it was replaced. That or they can not do so because they are not actually an authorized service provider…

iPhone 12: after repair a new battery couldn't be identified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.