You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 2020 Imac isn't installing the new macOS update

So i'm trying to update my MacOs on my 2020 iMac. It's currently on MacOS Catalina and I'm trying to Upgrade it to Ventura. The update has downloaded but won't install on the iMac.

When I try installing it, the computer just restarts and takes me back to the desktop with no update installed.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 7:21 AM

Predicated on the Full Version of Ventura ( 12.xx GB ) has been downloaded.

Is the Application called " Install Ventura " presently still on the computer ?

If , yes

If No - download a New Copy

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 -Launch the " Install Ventura " Application

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2023 7:21 AM in response to Maceo07

Predicated on the Full Version of Ventura ( 12.xx GB ) has been downloaded.

Is the Application called " Install Ventura " presently still on the computer ?

If , yes

If No - download a New Copy

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Safe Mode will also eliminate Third Party Software, extensions and drivers from loading. It will only load the Minimum amount of Core Apple Processes to allow the the computer to function at a reduced Level of Performance 

3 -Launch the " Install Ventura " Application

my 2020 Imac isn't installing the new macOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.