You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac slow to boot up - maybe the fusion drive?

I've tried pretty much everything to speed up my iMac (all the usual top reasons). No success. I now suspect it's an issue with the fusion drive. I've attached an image - and the overview the computer. Can anybody tell me, does the fusion drive partition hierarchy look correct to you?

When we first bought this iMac, we wiped it clean and reinstalled a previous (Mavericks) OS, so as to run certain software. Did something go wrong? Seriously, it takes more than 5 minutes to login and get to a ready state....

Thnx for any help

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 9:23 AM

That lends support to a conclusion the hard disk portion of Fusion Drive has been operating in a state of failure. Replacing it with a SSD is a good idea.

Similar questions

5 replies

iMac slow to boot up - maybe the fusion drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.