You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Black Screen

I went to update my Macbook Pro 13" to the latest macOS system (the last update prior to this one is what my computer was on) and it did not prompt me to plug my laptop in, so I didn't and went ahead with the update. Not even a quarter of the way through the update, my whole screen went black, the keyboard light was off, touchbar off, nothing. I plugged and unplugged it and tried several different ways to restart it, but nothing is working. Why did this happen and how can I fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2023 3:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 8:38 AM

bscang wrote:

I went to update my Macbook Pro 13" to the latest macOS system (the last update prior to this one is what my computer was on) and it did not prompt me to plug my laptop in, so I didn't and went ahead with the update. Not even a quarter of the way through the update, my whole screen went black, the keyboard light was off, touchbar off, nothing. I plugged and unplugged it and tried several different ways to restart it, but nothing is working. Why did this happen and how can I fix it?

Never advised to run an update without plugging into power...

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2023 8:38 AM in response to bscang

bscang wrote:

Never advised to run an update without plugging into power...

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

Macbook Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.