You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off french keyboard on apple macbook pro

How do I turn this french keyboard off, tried going to keyboard on settings, still types french, even though I have changed it from Canada English, to US English.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 11:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 2:21 AM

sharenfrompowell river wrote:

How do I turn this french keyboard off, tried going to keyboard on settings, still types french, even though I have changed it from Canada English, to US English.

When you say "it still types French", do you mean your keyboard types the wrong letters, like A instead of Q?

If so, go to system settings > keyboard > input sources and make sure you have only one item on the list, and the name of that item is US.

Or are you talking about autocorrect/spellcheck turning your words into French ones?

If that is the problem, go to system settings > keyboard > text > spelling and make sure it says US English (and not Automatic).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 15, 2023 2:21 AM in response to sharenfrompowell river

sharenfrompowell river wrote:

When you say "it still types French", do you mean your keyboard types the wrong letters, like A instead of Q?

If so, go to system settings > keyboard > input sources and make sure you have only one item on the list, and the name of that item is US.

Or are you talking about autocorrect/spellcheck turning your words into French ones?

If that is the problem, go to system settings > keyboard > text > spelling and make sure it says US English (and not Automatic).

Jun 14, 2023 11:26 PM in response to sharenfrompowell river

sharenfrompowell river Said:

"turn off french keyboard on apple macbook pro: How do I turn this french keyboard off, tried going to keyboard on settings, still types french, even though I have changed it from Canada English, to US English."

-------

Troubleshooting Changing Device Languages:

YouTube this:

See if you can find a video on YouTube instructing you on how to do so.

turn off french keyboard on apple macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.